Looking for some healthy meal ideas? We’ve got you covered!
• Turkey roll-up – 3 oz. turkey deli meat, 1 oz light mozzarella cheese, 2 butter lettuce leaves, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
• Salsa omelet – Mix 2 eggs, spinach leaves, 1 oz shredded light cheddar, and 2 Tbsp salsa in a microwaveable container. Microwave on high ~ 1 minute 20 sec. or until eggs are cooked through
• One package Reduced Sugar Quaker Oatmeal Instant oatmeal, one apple cut in slices with 1 Tbsp peanut butter.
• 4 oz. grilled salmon, ½ cup couscous, ½ cup grilled vegetables.
• Lean deli chicken with 1 oz light cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mustard on a small whole wheat roll.
• Combine tuna, Dijon mustard, and chopped cucumber in ½ whole wheat pita pocket.
• Spread a whole wheat tortilla with ½ c. canned re-fried beans, 2 tbsp salsa, and ¼ cup reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese. Roll. Eat with ½ cup carrot slices.
• Mix 1/3 cup of chickpeas, ½ can tuna, ¼ cup chopped celery, and 2 Tbsp reduced fat salad dressing. (Ranch or Italian) Eat with 4 Melba toast strips.
• 3 oz grilled salmon (add dill and lemon), 3 baby potatoes (boiled) and ½ cup peas.